Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thanksgiving - How It Makes Me Full

This Thanksgiving turned out different then I had anticipated. I don't normally spend Thanksgiving with my family even though that is extremely abnormal for most families. The reason I don't spend Thanksgiving with my family is because I don't feel safe around them. Every holiday has been one full of tears and heart ache. 

My friends have been so generous and extending hospitality to me to spend time with their families during the holidays. I had one invite and I was really excited to spend the holiday with, but they ended up "disinviting" me. At the last minute (Wednesday afternoon) I was able to be squeezed in to spend the day with my beautiful, and extremely talented best friend Nomi Abadi (her music is amazing), her mom and brother, at her boyfriends families house in Menefee. I am not going to lie, it was a beautiful and extremely long drive. 


I am so grateful that i was able to enjoy the day with amazing and caring people. You know when you are best friends with someone when you are both wearing black and white bracelets.

We played board games. I am not a huge fan, but I love Apples To Apples. The cards I won were "animated and rich"


We had a completely vegan thanksgiving too! I can't remember the last time that I had stuffing and gravy!!! There was the most amazing corn casserole, brussels sprouts, tofurkey, mashed potatoes, string beans, dinner rolls, gravy, and cranberry sauce. Everything was so delicious.



The best part about spending Thanksgiving with other peoples families is seeing what their traditions are. Mine was sweet potatoes with marshmallows. I am glad that one is over haha. Comment below with what some of your favorite traditions are.

XOXOXO,
Casie

Instagram @casieconwayisrad  Facebook +  twitter @casie_is_rad



No comments:

Post a Comment